What to do in case of an auto accident
We hope you’re never in an auto accident, but they can happen. If you are ever involved in an accident, make sure to stay calm, and follow these steps:
- Remain at the scene.
- Contact police and, if necessary, medical services; ask a passing motorist to call if you’re unable to.
- Gather the following information:
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Name, address, phone number and insurance information of the driver and owner (if different) or the other vehicle
- Year, make, model, and license number of the other vehicle
- Name, address and phone number of any passengers or witnesses
- Do not make any admissions of fault or sign any written statements until you have consulted with your claim representative.
- Call your insurance carrier 24/7 claims office.
What to do in case of a property loss
Contact your insurance carrier 24/7 claims office or contact your agent to get directions as to where to file your claim.
Take immediate steps to safeguard the property and minimize risk of further loss or increased costs; and obtain first aid for any injured persons. You may make temporary repairs to protect the property, but avoid contracting for permanent repairs until your loss has been reviewed by your claims adjuster and your adjuster has given you directions.
After reporting your claim, your claims adjuster may refer you to a local disaster recovery service to arrange clean-up and recovery services.